RENDEZVOUS

I was sitting alone in CCD. I was waiting for someone. Time was playing tricks with me. Every second seemed to be like a decade. Every second reminded me of the moments we spent together. These two years have been the most beautiful years of my life and I wanted my life to remain as beautiful as it was. For that I had to take the initiative or else regret it for the rest of my life.

I never thought my life would take such a beautiful turn on the roads towards an unknown journey ahead.

I have always read it in novels that its one day or one particular moment when your life changes completely. For me it was that day precisely....

It was our fresher's party. Everybody was so excited about it. Talking, laughing, some even flirting (yes I guessed by their facial expressions). Then suddenly seniors called all the freshers to join the dance floor and everyone whether skilled or not danced like crazy. But I stayed back. Though i like dancing but not like this. Just then I saw a guy standing not far from me. I was amazed to learn later that he was from my batch and in fact was my class fellow. But for the starters he looked strangely out of place.. Well no that's not the correct word rather he look unconventional. Yes that's the term. Everyone here was apparently dressed up in their best. Some were really very flashy. Everyone was trying to attract attention from whom so ever possible. But this guy was,, unconventional as i said. He looked far away from this rat race. I liked that. Though we didn't talk that day. or next day.
 
In fact not until professor Sen assigned our first assignment. We were randomly selected to the same group. I was happy to know that. Well I was happier to learn that he was actually a very nice guy. he was not that "haughty" or "snobbish" as everybody thought him to be in the fresher's party. He was actually shy enough to talk to girls.

It all started with a 'hello.'

I got to know him when I started working on our project together in library since the day it was assigned. Somehow a musical chord strung between us and we were not just on talking terms but also became quite good friends.

Since then everybody was curious enough to asks us for umpteenth time whether we were together. though deep down in my heart I wanted that to be true, but for such an introvert he was, it was impossible for me to know his feelings towards me. So I started hinting him about my feelings not explicitly of course but categorically clear enough to fathom the meaning out of it. Soon I realised that I had to take things into my hands or else this is going nowhere.

Obviously even after almost 3 years have passed I could never muster enough courage to relay my feelings to him. though I tried to do even that but every time circumstances conspired against my desire.

Finally, I have decided that no matter what I will express myself. Today he is leaving for his home town and never intends to come back but he promised me that he will keep in touch. Yet I know that if today I fail to express myself then i will never be able to let him know about my feelings.

I was deeply engrossed in my own thoughts when he came and took the seat opposite to me. we greeted each other and unlike him he started the conversation. He said that he is going to miss me and that we should keep in touch. he said that he was glad that our friendship remained unblemished even after those unfair innuendos made by our class fellows.

I remained silent. Regardless of rigorous practice sessions in front of the mirror about "how to propose a boy" went straight into deep cold waters. i felt like screaming at the top of my voice that "moron i love you" but all i could do was sit there and listen to him. Though, all his words seemed as if he was jabbering in some foreign language. Because for once i was about communicate in the language of love but ended up resolving to sound of silence.

It felt like after a century he paused and indicated towards his watch informing that had to leave or else he would miss his train and we parted.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, so sincere, so genuine. I loved it. I was present with your emotions. You conveyed your heart with words. Beautiful.

    marcusestevanlara.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Marcus... I am glad you could relate your emotions with this..

      Delete
  2. https://plus.google.com/115581662878940022715

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well, so did things change after that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well this was strictly a fiction that too inspired by someone else's situation. all i know is that some stories are about a moment or a phase of life. so you are free to think about what happens next to the girl or the boy.. and thanks for reading... hope you enjoy reading my other stories and blogs.. happy reading

      Delete

#SnippetsOnLife2 - Life and Darkness

Have you ever thought about the bright side of darkness in your life? Recently I had the opportunity to ponder upon the reality and even th...